Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Practicum!

My 40 hour practicum is at Lodoen Kindergarten Center in West Fargo. I am very excited to be able to start with a kindergarten class. I have been there a while now and it has been very gratifying. Young learners love to ask questions (sometimes a little personal) and I love that about them. The learners don't just take things at face value at this age and "because I said so" isn't a good enough answer. Also, when a learner struggles and then gets an answer the look on their face is priceless.
  I have gotten to spend a lot of time around other teachers as well. I have had many questions and they are willing to give me the best answer they have. I have gotten to see a lot of planning elements both in the classroom and between teachers and am glad that teaching is no longer seen with an "Island classroom" mentality. Overall, my practicum has been a great experience thus far.