Sunday, December 2, 2012

Math Journal Test Anxiety

My highest anxiety about test taking is that I am going to fail. I have general anxiety disorder and for me it is a personal anxiety. I truly am my own worst enemy. I study hard and work hard but still have this fear. Since I have come back to school I have achieved a 4.0 GPA in all 4 semesters, but the anxiety is still there for every test.
   For me, it is even worse with papers and gets worse toward the end of the semester. I attempt to relieve this anxiety with ample studying. I tend to talk about my anxiety. Also, I listen to music before tests to calm myself, and try to turn what anxiety I have left into positive energy.
  Math tests tend to create equal test anxiety for me. I know with study I will understand what to do during the test, yet doubt my abilities. I also know from a non-anxious perspective, that I try my best in all I do. I am capable, and I can succeed. I just need to convince myself of that fact while I am anxious.