Saturday, December 1, 2012

VCSU's How's it going reflection

I am enrolled in the NDSU/VCSU Elementary Education program with a kindergarten endorsement. It has been wonderful thus far. The teachers are awesome. I feel that I personally know each and every one of my teachers. Personally knowing your students is very important to me. It helps motivate and eliminates a wall that is sometimes put up between professor and student.
  There are a few kinks in the program that are a little hard to follow like having two blackboard sites, two e mails, and two computers. Also, registering for classes can be challenging. However, these issues are minor in comparison to the quality of the entire program.
  Another benefit of the program is having larger practicum hour requirements. Due to this I have been making a lot of connections in my practicum in my Kindergarten classroom with what we are learning in our intro to education, and math classes.
  In order to be an effective teacher, I still have a lot to learn. As a teacher, it is important to remember to NEVER STOP LEARNING! Each day is an opportunity not only to teach, but to learn something new.